Wednesday, December 7, 2011

wynken, blynken, and nod



by eugene field, illustrated by helen page.

I can recite this sweet little poem for you if you like.
No?
Okay, then, just get this perfectly illustrated storybook.




Wynken, Blynken, and Nod sail off in a wooden shoe if you didn't know.

Aren't they cherubic?



The pages are crinkled and worn from years and years of reading.  My son liked this page best.  He used to look up at the night sky and say to me,
'Look, Mom, the old moon laughed and sang a song!'




Isn't the wind pretty?  She makes white hair look pretty fashionable.

3 comments:

  1. This is my favorite book. The illustrations are beautiful πŸ’–. I used to read it all the time as a little girl. I would take it home all the time from my elementary school library. This book is so hard to find. I wish this book was still available.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did purchase this book but I couldn't find the original πŸ˜” dark blue. The book I purchased is the same slightly different colors the book is turquoise read aloud. I wish it was the blue twin book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book has amazing 😍 illustrations. Love itπŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’‹πŸ’‹πŸ’‹πŸ’‹πŸ’‹πŸ’―

    ReplyDelete