Wednesday, December 7, 2011

a very young dancer



by Jill Krementz.
My daughter just began ballet and I've had this book since I was a bunheaded whippersnapper myself.  It's frayed and torn around the edges and I hadn't peeked into it for about 20 years, until last week.  It was as if I had never closed the cover.



I love the seventies style clothes and hair.




The photos are great.  It's the story of a young dancer named Stephanie, who attends George Balanchine's School of American Ballet.




She gets to mingle with some amazing ballerinas.



There was a series of A Very Young Etc...but I had a one track mind as a child...I was only interested in dancing.

And horses.

Oh, and dogs.

And writing.

And archaeology.

Was there A Very Young Archaeologist?

P.S.  This sells for $189.00 on amazon right now, so I'm holding on tightly to my dust jacket covered copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment