Monday, March 5, 2012

War Horse

War Horse by Michael Morpurgo


Review by Cora, age 11.


War Horse takes place in World War 1, where a young colt named Joey grows up on a farm
 with his owner and best friend Albert. But when the war starts Joey is separated from Albert and sent to France to fight.  They needed the horses for pulling carts and riding into battles.  I think this is interesting because my mom didn't know that!   Albert is too young to be a soldier.

Joey wonders if the war will ever end and if it does ever end will he find Albert again?  I liked that it felt like I was reading a book that was written by a horse!  Except this horse had good spelling.  Hahahaha!


War Horse is a great book with excitement and adventure. I loved War Horse because it has a great beginning and end of the book  The middle was good too.

Joey is a unique horse with a white cross on his forehead and has a sun burst red coat. He tries to find Albert after he was sent off to war and meets many friends, like a horse named Topthorn, along the way. War Horse was made into a movie as well but i would suggest reading the book before the movie and if you're like me, you'll have to get it at the Redbox or something because we missed it at the theater!  


 
 

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha, Cora, your review cracked me up! And not only that, but now I want to read War Horse, too. Good job!

    ReplyDelete